Does your child frequently complain of stomach ache , eats frequently and still not putting on weight? Be careful , he may have worms in his stomach.
Round worms are found in our intestine. And live on the food we eat. It is said that a female round worm reproduce 2 lac 40 thousand eggs daily. Some come out from the human body through excretion, but rest remain and cause infection.
These worms if not controlled enter the blood vessels and then reach organs such as lungs and sometimes come out from the mouth while coughing.
The main cause of these worms is the lack of hygiene. They germinate on places like unclean food counter in hotels or places where street food is served and through food they enter our body. Wet Soil is the main breeding ground for these worms and hence we find that these are mostly found in children. Common symptoms include stomach ache and coughing.
Physically they may affect the development of children by eating away the nutrition from the food that the children have.
The common symptoms are
- Releasing of worms through excretion.
- Stomach ache
- Weight loss.
- Grinding teeth while sleeping.
The solution lies is maintaining clean and hygienic environment.
- Never excrete in an open area and discourage others to do so.
- Cut nails and keep your hands clean.
- Make your children wash their hands everytime they come home from outside.
- Never let your children play in wet soil without any footwear, as worms can get inside through skin surface.
- Drink purified water and keep your food covered.
- Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating them raw.
- Consult your doctor and take a full course of medicine.
Some home remedies –
- Take one tomato. Sprinkle some black pepper powder and have it in empty stomach.
- Take 1 tablespoonful of ajwain(Carom Seeds) and mix ½ tablespoonful of black salt and have it with lukewarm water before sleep.
- Get up early in the morning & eat 25 grams of jaggery and the sit down for 15 minutes. Then have 25 gram of ajwain(Carom Seeds) powder. This will help in removing the worms through excretion.