90% of our body is constituted of water. We use water for drinking, cleaning, washing cooking and bathing. Most of the doctors and health experts advise to drink 8-10 glasses of water as it helps to detoxify our body and for healthy living.
Ayurveda states that in order to be healthy you should have ‘ Daal panni’ ( well water) for first four months of the year, Taal panni ( pond water) for next four months, Nadi panni ( river water) for the next four months and ‘ghare ka panni ‘( pitcher water) for rest of the year.
Besides being benefited by consuming adequate water, it can be used to treat various problems and sickness. The most common being fever – we often put a a cloth dipped in water on the forehead, which helps to bring down the fever.
- Drinking boiled water is good for people having kidney problem. People having fever or people recovering from long sickness should be given boiled water. For this take a liter of water and boil it till it reduces to ¼ and then sieve it and keep it in a bottle.
- To treat tiredness take lukewarm water, squeeze a lemon and then dip your feet and sit for 5 minutes. You will feel instant relief.
- If you have mild cold then take a cup of warm water and squeeze juice of Pomelo or ‘ Batabi Lebu ‘ and sip. Alternatively drink lukewarm water instead of water at room temperature. Adding some salt can help in early recovery.
- Sipping water in between your meals can help cure constipation
- To treat muscle cramp fill a glass bottle with warm water and message the area with this bottle.
There are , however some precautions, which you should follow while having water – When NOT to have water
- Never have water after drinking tea, coffee or having any hot food as it has bad effect on our digestive system and make teeth weak.
- Never drink water immediately after exercise. Sit for 5 minutes and then have water.
- Avoid drinking water immediately after a long run.
- Do not drink water after having curd, banana and water melon.
- Lastly, avoid drinking water immediately after coming from sunlight.