The present concept of beauty does not only mean beautiful face and features but it encompasses good physique, good height, healthy body and yes beautiful flawless skin. Beauty experts claim that vitamins can enhance our skin texture and complexion. Here are some friendly vitamins for Skin and their benefits:
- Scarcity of vitamins in the body can make our skin lifeless, dry and can bring uneven skin tone. So sometimes they recommend vitamin supplements particularly Vitamin A, E, C and D.
- Vitamin E and C are antioxidants which protect our skin from free radicals. Free radicals are pollution, dust, smoke, sun-rays which destroy the skin cells, making our skin look darker and lifeless.
- Vitamin A protects our skin from the ultraviolet rays present in sun-rays. Sun-rays promote the process of ageing and developing wrinkles. Regular intake of Vitamin A negates the process. Scarcity and excess of Vitamin A both can make skin dry. Vitamin A treatments are used to cure pimples, wrinkles and damage due to sun-rays. Therefore we find many creams and lotions claim it as their key ingredient.
- In some recent researches it has been found that Vitamin A and C can be helpful in healing the damaged tissues due to burn or any wound. Vitamin C helps in healing and fight against infections. Free radicals destroy cologne from skin, whereas Vitamin A and C help in producing cologne in body and thus delay process of ageing. Vitamin C is also used as Alfa hydroxy acid for better result.
- If you have dry skin then use a cream which has Vitamin C and Alfa hydroxy acid twice daily. If you have oily skin then avoid Cream based on Vitamin C . Instead use a cream which has AHA during day time and use vitamin C added cream at night.
- Vitamin D is must for bone development. Vitamin D is an antioxidant and it plays a very important role in skin pigmentation. The natural source of Vitamin D is sun rays. Exposure to sun for 10 -20 minutes is good for skin. It removes the chances of having skin cancer but as per experts too much exposure to vitamin D can be harmful. It can tan the skin and the ultraviolet rays can cause damage to the skin cells.
- Vitamin E is used in many beauty products like creams, lip balm, body lotions. Vitamin E builds ups a protecting layer on skin and lighten marks on skin.
It is important to have balanced diet and food enriched with theses vitamins. Natural sources of Vitamin A are papaya, carrot, eggs,spinach and fruits. Vitamin C is found in all citrus fruits like Aamla, lemon, oranges whereas vitamin E is found in green leafy vegetables, fruits and green chilies.