Laughter is the best medicine, is not a myth.
A human body is like a laboratory. Every seconds many biochemical and electromagnetic changes take place. Due to these changes, our mood is affected. When we are in good mood: we feel happy and when we are in bad mood: we feel sad.
Laughing has a very positive effect on a good mood. When you laugh you are in a “no-thought state,” where we do not have the feeling of happiness, sadness, anger or jealousy. We just react to what we see or hear and it has a positive effect.
Here are our Top 5 Benefits of Laughing
- Self Control : In Indian yogashastra, laughing is equated to yoga. Yoga is the ability to control one’s desires. Laughing aloud helps in controlling the desires for the moment. This momentary control is very beneficial for health. Laughing is actually a state of instant yoga and the longer the period of laughing the longer is the benefit. In yoga, you start by following some rituals and then slowly progresses through different postures and Pranayam and then it ends with Dhyan, but in laughing we instantly reach to the state of Dhyan. Surprisingly if you observe laughing as a momentary state, its affect last for almost next 30 minutes and sometimes beyond.
- As good as exercising: Working out or exercises helps you remain healthy and stay fit. Laughing aloud brings the same effect. It also clears our air passages and our body gets more oxygen.
- Boost weight loss: Believe it or not byt laughing also helps burn calories and helps in controlling weight. Laughing is a wholesome exercise, which energizes all of your body’s cells and tissues. It helps remove stress from our body and gives a workout to your lungs, throat, mouth, chest, and stomach muscles.
- Helps absorb More oxygen : Laughing strengthens your blood circulation and helps to absorb more oxygen, which results in your skin glowing. More oxygen increases the energy in the body and strengthens your immune system.
- Stress free: Laughing also assists in lowering your cortisol and epinephrine hormones, which reduces the tension in your body. Less tension in your body means less negativity and more healthy living.
So start laughing aloud to reap these benefits of laughing.
Here is a bonus video which shows 100 Laughter Yoga Exercises and the benefits of laughing.