Who doesn’t want a healthy lifestyle? Everyone wants to live healthy, and most think they are living healthy. But is that really so?
Many I know personally take pills, medicines or supplements as a part of their daily lifestyle. They think its healthy and will keep them fit. But the fact is that supplements should be taken only if you are asked by your doctor top do so. Not everyone who takes supplements consults or takes their doctor’s advice. It is important to do so to avoid any side effects that the supplement may cause. Here are some simple lifestyle laws which can keep us healthy. These are easy to follow and a matter of practice to lead a healthy lifestyle :
- Every morning follow a routine of washing your face with water, brushing followed by drinking 2 glasses of luke warm water.
- Keep water in zinc vessel in the night and drink that water on an empty stomach after brushing.
- Every morning or evening brisk walk for 15-20 minutes. Adding a few simple exercises like stretching, breathing etc will also be good.
- Before taking bath try to spend some time in the sunlight with minimum clothes on. 20 minutes a day in sun gives you enough vitamin D
- Always bathe with fresh water and use a scrub to clean yourself
- Take one fruit with breakfast. Any fruit.
- Take time to chew food properly and do not drink water before or after eating for at least half an hour.
- Do not engage in any activity which is strenuous after having food.
- Enjoy your food. Do not chat or watch Television while eating food.
- Do not eat too much at a time and try to take your food on time.
- People aged 50 and above should not have grains (bread, rice etc) twice a day. Once a day should be enough. They should have fruits, vegetables or milk.
- Fasting once a week is good for your health or try fasting at least 2-3 days in a month. (read more on advantages of fasting)
- Greed, Anger, Fear, Depression are enemies of heath. Try to avoid them
Lastly, too much intake of supplements can be harmful for your body. Moreover these supplements make us dependent on them and the natural resistance power or what we call our immunity fails. It is important to understand that any intentional disturbance to our natural internal procedure can cause harm. (More information on vitamins here)