Summer season brings many health problem due to frequent change in temperature and moisture level in the environment. Some of the frequent occurring health problems are –
- Viral fever -viral fever is very common in summer. The typical symptoms are sudden change in body temperature, body pain, exhaustion and joint pain. The best way to deal with it is to consult a doctor and have full prescribed medication. Avoid going out in the sun and take plenty of fluid.
- Stomach problems -Stomach problems mainly occur due to eating street food or food prepared in an un hygienic environment. In summer the food gets contaminated very easily and if it is roadside stuff then the chances of its being contaminated are more. Typical symptoms include diarrhea, loose motion, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Try to avoid outside food. Eat only home cooked food and have fresh meals.
- Cholera is very common in summer specially in slum areas or in areas where people do not get purified water to drink. It can also be caused by eating fried food and roadside snacks. The typical symptoms are nausea and reeling of head.To avoid cholera it is important to avoid stale food, roadside food and consumption of contaminated water. Always have home cooked food and drink purified or boiled water.
- Piles – it is also related with the stomach problem, but it is much more severe. It is caused by eating fried and spicy roadside food, food which is very high in carbohydrate and stale food.It causes severe stomachache, bleeding with stool and the person feel extremely tired. In case of piles eat light and digestible food and have plenty of fluids. Consult the doctor immediately as it requires medication.
- Gastroenteritis – it is also a kind of a stomach problem that causes extreme abdominal pain. It is caused mainly by wrong untimely food habit. Eating roadside food, fast food and lack of rest. The typical symptoms include nausea, feeling heavy as if the stomach is filled with water and indigestion. It usually takes a longer time to cure. Eat a light and preferably boiled food, take proper rest and have fluids. Do consult a doctor and finish the complete medication.