Every day I use to come back from the office with a severe back pain…… my kids used to wait to play with me……but every day I used to refuse. I used to feel bad but the pain was such that I used to immediately lie down and tell my tiny tots to walk on my back to give massage. I was working with Sytema softwares and being a software engineer I used to work for 13-15 hours before the computer to meet my commitments. One day I met my friend Ashish who was working in Infosys. He told me about his work habits and how little steps improved his way of working…….. I followed and yes now every day I play basket ball with my kids after returning from work. I would like to share these fitness mantra at work with you
1. Arrange your work table everyday either before leaving the office or in the morning as everything will be in place and you will good to work. There is a saying that if your work table is a mess you will produce a mess.
2. In the tea break or lunch break do some breathing exercise. It will be good if you can motivate people around you to accompany you…….
3. Take staircase instead of lift. It will help in muscle movement and burning calories.
4. In many offices now a days there are facilities for indoor games like table tennis, basket ball. Try to play them regularly for 5-10 min whenever you get time. This will relax you and burn extra calories.
5. In some offices there is facility for Gym. Try to use it before lunch or before leaving office.
6. If you have been working continuously over your desk then take a 5 mintue walk or do some stretching exercises.
7. If you have facility for yoga or Dance class then do participate in them.
8. Take a break after every 40 mintues. You can either go to the washroom or drink a glass of water or simply close your eye and sit for 5 mintues.
9. Never eat your food on work table if you have an option of a different eating area. This will relax your mood.
10. Eat on time and never try to delay the lunch hour due to work commitment.
11. If you are thirsty then drink water. Do not have tea, coffee or soft drinks.
12. Always sit in a comfortable position. Check the level of work table and sitting chair.
13. Try to replace tea and coffee with Lassi, fruit juices or Coconut water as these are good for health.
14. Try to bring homemade food if it is not possible then eat sandwiches, Idly or pantry meal than Pizza and burger.
15. If you know that there is going to be a party at office then have a fruit to avoid binging.
Please share your experience after following it………..