A friend of mine has been suffering from piles since last two years and gradually it is becoming a nightmare for her. Every day when she goes to the toilet she feels extreme pain , sometimes she finds trouble in getting up from the WC and coming out on her own due to the pain. She has become weak and restless. She has been taking medicines for last two months and tried some alternative medicines too, but the problem is reoccurring. Her doctor has advised to change her food habits and lifestyle…….
Its sad, to see her like this in a restless state. But this problem is now becoming very common. I know a few more people personally who have suffered this and most of them think it is hereditary and lifelong, butt less do they know that this not true and piles problem can be easily cured.
Piles can be of two types- 1)piles with bleeding wherein the person do not have any pain but have bleeding whiles relieving. 2) In other type of piles the area develops swelling, and there is extreme pain and itching while relieving.
What causes piles?
- The main cause of piles is prolonged constipation. In certain cases although it is found to be affected by genes for example if a mother has piles then in 2 out of 10 cases the daughter also gets it but it cannot be generalized. People who do more physical hard work like potter, daily wage earners are more prone to this problem.
- Food habit remains the second most common cause for developing constipation. Prolonged constipation causes piles. Excessive alcohol, meat, egg, onion, garlic, oil, spicy food, inadequate sleep, irregular eating times, junk food, consuming less fibrous food and lack of exercise , all contribute to piles.
- To treat piles the foremost important thing is to treat constipation and maintaining a time for cleaning bowel.
- Having more fluids, fibrous food like fruits and vegetables and avoiding oily, fried and spicy food can help in maintaining regular bowel timings.
- Maintain a routine for eating, working and sleeping. Exercising daily is also required.
- Try to excrete in the morning and in the evening also.
- Maintaining personal hygiene is also important.
- Having aamla powder or having aamla juice daily twice helps reduce piles
- Eating butter with black sesame seeds everyday is also helpful.
- Apply kasisadi oil on the affected area before going to sleep for 2-3 months can also solve the problem. (Kasisadi Tailam is an Ayurvedic oil used in the treatment of piles)