Food = nutrition, yes its true but we need to know which food gives us the right nutrition and which does not. And there are many types of nutritious food in the world we don’t know about.
By nutritious food we mean food that helps to give nutrition for our body along with providing necessary carbohydrates. Eating fruits, green vegetables, wholegrain, milk and milk products, egg, fish are commonly believed to be nutritious but in recent times the food experts have identified many region or country specific foods that are not known in other parts of world but can be highly beneficial for health.
Here is a list of few of them:
- Spirulina – Is highly nutritious. As per studies 9 kg of spirulina is equal to 1000 kg green vegetables, its protein content is 6 times more than egg and 12 times more than milk. It has iron, minerals, vitamib B complex and amino acid. It is primarily eaten by Japanese. It is available in dried form and also in tablet and powder form.
- Ginseng – it is an old Chinese herb. It is known to be an adaptogen – substance that help body to restore itself to health and to work without any side effects. It is good for people recovering from illness. In many studies it has been also proved that consuming ginseng help to relive from Mental and physical stress. It requires a little caution regarding the concentration when eaten orally as it can decreases the blood sugar level abnormally and can cause allergic reaction to many so it is better take supplements after seeking medical advice.
- Wheatgrass – wheatgrass is supposed to be give strength. It has chlorophyll, beta carotene, almost 80 different minerals, 18 amino acid and many vitamins. It is consumed to increase red blood cell count, lower blood pressure, stimulates metabolism.. it is a powerful detoxifier for blood and liver. It is good to increase appetite and help in premature graying of hair.
- Alfalfa – Alfalfa is highly nutritious herb. People use leaves, sprouts and seeds for medicinal purposes. It has vitamin A, C E and K and minerals like Potassium, calcium and iron. It is used to treat kidney and urine problem and is known to control cholesterol.
- Tofu – Tofu is a complete food. It has high content of vitamins and protein. It is made from soyabean milk and then is cooked like cottage cheese.
- Manchurian mushroom – it is good for skin, eyes and hair growth. If you pour tea over the mushrooms it creates foam, which is used to cure acidity, constipation, asthma, allergy and kidney problems.
- Bhramhi – bhramhi is a leafy herb and is eaten to boost memory. It is used in many memory increasing tonic like memory plus or mega mind,
- Honey – honey is a great substitute for sugar. It enhances the taste at the same time it has lowest sucrose so it doenot increases the blood sugar. It is also used with basil leaves to cure common cold and cough.
So when you go to shop for your groceries the next time, make sure you look out for these nutritious food ingredients.