As a result of irregular and bad food habits such as eating outside food or eating junk food over a long period of time can lead to constipation. This means that the body is unable to flush out the toxins causing your internal temperature to rise and manifest itself as liver patches, boils on skin and mouth ulcer.
The most crucial step to avoid mouth ulcers is to keep your bowel movements clean. If you have constipation, try taking Isabgol or Ammia powder regularly. Other home remedies which can provide quick relief include:
- Keeping your bowel movements regular. Develop a habit of going to the toilet at least twice daily. Having a glass of lukewarm water with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice after getting up in the morning can help you to keep your system clean.
- Avoid eating extremely spicy and oily food. Instead have an intake of 3-4 helpings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Avoid drinking excessive tea and coffee as it may lead to irregularity in your excretory system.
- Consume 2 ripe bananas and petha(Ash Gourd candy) after your breakfast everyday.
- Chewing 3-4 small pieces of tender coconut daily can help prevent mouth ulcers.
- Drink a glass of milk with 1 tablespoon of pure cow ghee before going to sleep at night
- Boil 1 cup of milk with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and sugar to taste. Let it cool and then have it . Tumeric has a natural antiseptic property, you can have ‘Doodh haldi’ for an early recovery.
- Chewing fresh coriander leaves or basil leaves can provide temporary relief
- Soak henna leaves in a cup of water overnight and use the water as a mouth rinse in the morning.
- Boil tender Jamun leaves in water and use it as a mouth wash for relief from mouth ulcers.
- Fresh tomato juices helps treat mouth ulcers, cut small slices and keep it on affected area.
Mouth ulcer is not a chronic health problem but if it arises frequently, this could indicate serious health problem such as kidney problems, liver malfunction and sometimes cancer. If you have mouth ulcers every month, you should consult a doctor.