Honey is a miracle gift from nature. It has been used for medicinal purposes since known to man. A regular intake of honey can make you healthy, strong, and can increases your life span. Honey is extracted from a honeybee’s nest and thus it is called honey. Now a days, it is prepared from many flower extracts also.
Honey is 87% of glucose and within it, it contains 42% fructose, which gets dissolved in your blood quickly. Honey also has antibacterial properties. It has Vitamin A, B, C, D, Beta-carotene, and Vitamin B complex and minerals like phosphorus, iron, chlorine, potassium, iodine, sodium, and manganese. Honey has malic acid, which is found in apples and citric acid that is found in orange. Honey, as a medicine can be used for quite a number of infections. here are a few of honey home remedies:
- Eye infection – Honey extracted from the lotus plants in Kashmir and is very beneficial for eyes. Applying lotus honey to your eyes, can cure all types of eye infection. It keeps your eyes clean and bright and also improves eyesight.
- Tonsil – if you have an extreme tonsil pain then add a tablespoon of honey in lukewarm water and gargle.
- Constipation – Mix a tablespoon of honey in water or milk at room temperature and have it daily for a week to cure constipation. Follow this whenever the problem reoccurs.
- Burn – To relieve a burn take a piece of cloth, dip it in honey, and dab the affected area. It will give instant relief and act as a natural antibacterial lotion.
- Tiredness –if you feel physically and mentally tired then mix a tablespoon of honey in slightly cold water and have it. It will give you instant energy.
- Coughing – If you have been coughing then you should mix one-half of a tablespoons of ginger juice with one-half of a tablespoon of honey and have it. Do not have water for the next 15 minutes. Follow this three to four times a day
- Never heat honey or have it with any hot food. Avoid honey if you have fever.
- Never use honey with equal quantity with ghee .
- Never have raw honey; mix it with water or any other product.
- Honey should not be used continuously for a prolonged period. For example, if you have been having it for a month then give a gap of a week or so and then again start it.