Do you live life to its fullest. Everybody is busy running their lives forgetting or ignoring little pleasures in life.
Yesterday I met my college friend Neha in the food court of famous mall in Kolkatta, India. She was sitting there with her husband and kid. She was the one who spotted me, she called out my name as loud as she could. I turned to look at her and was surprised…….very surprised to look at her. She looked so different…Neha was one of the most popular girls in college. She was an average student but she was best known for her event organizing skills. Every year she was elected to head and organize college festival. She was fun loving, active and full of life.
But yesterday when I met her she looked pale, tired and very weak. I went to her spoke for a while. Neha was married for 4 years and now a full-time house maker. I couldn’t help but ask, if she was alright and if her health was ok. She seemed to get this question a lot, she said was a bit tired due to lot of household chores. I was surprised as I had never seen anyone become so weak due to household work.
While we spoke, I asked if she remembers when was the last time she laughed out loud, the way we did in college. She din’t remember, in fact she started thinking and was surprised that she couldn’t recollect any such incident. Then we bid goodbye, and she walked away without telling me when was the last time she laughed.
If this happened to me, I’d be rather scared than surprised.
I think is is one question all of us must ask ourselves. We get so engrossed in running our lives, that we are actually forget enjoying it. We start treating life as a list of targets to be met.
Its is good to have a to do list in life, but with a different attitude. Here are some very simple ways to live life 100%
- Feel the life. Think about something you had done before and enjoyed….. try repeating it.
- Be childish. It helps to forget the tension of life.
- Meet a person you always wanted to meet and spend time with but couldn’t do so because of your responsibilities. Make time for your self
- Find an aim in life. Without an aim life becomes meaningless. Aim need not be earning money or achieving something. It can be simply to be happy, To give quality life to your children etc.
- The aim should be realistic. For example a aim for losing 2 kg in a week in unrealistic.
- Try to work on negativity. Some people have a tendency of negative comparing. For example he is thinner than me or she is more beautiful than me etc. Our body is a gift of nature we should preserve it and beautify it but we shouldn’t change it. Bring out your positivity.
- Eat on time and eat balanced food. Try to avoid too much salt, sugar and oil in your food. There should be t least 6 hours gap between meals. Eat fruits and vegetables and walk regularly.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking these are ways to escape the reality…..a way to move away from life not to live life.
- Try to be generous. Try to be selfless…….do something for others.
Lastly to live life 100% it is important to love… to love yourself and others who make and complete your life.