Our skin is the protective layer of our body. It protects our innards from heat, cold, sunlight, and germs. Any issues on the skin can be a signal to internal unbalance. Luckily, there are many medicinal creams available in the modern marketplace to treat skin diseases. In addition, there are many home remedies and natural products, which can be helpful.
Below are a list of common skin diseases or ailments and how to properly take care of them
Itching: Itching happens due to poor personal hygiene or contact with a contaminated environment. It can occur after coming in contact with a person suffering from itching, by using their clothes or eating with them. Itching can be dry or pus can be involved. It can be contained to a particular area or spread over the entire body.
- To relieve itching, take pure coconut oil and mix it with tomato juice. Massage the affected area and wash it off after an hour. Use only neem-based soap.
- You can also massage the area with chameli oil and lemon juice. Scrubbing the area with orange peel can also help. Having a tablespoon of neem oil daily helps prevent itching before it begins.
Pimples: Pimples are a very common problem for youngsters. Young people aged 12 to 25 years undergo multiple hormonal changes. Do to these fluctuations, the body’s oil glands become more active, which can lead to an eruption of pimples. Sometimes applying medicinal creams can treat them, but tend to leave ugly marks.
- To treat pimples, take a cup of raw milk and add four drops of lemon juice. Apply this to the face each night and wash it off in the morning
- Take 100 grams of masoor dal, 250 grams of milk, and 10 grams of camphor. Grind the camphor and masoor dal, then add to the warm milk. Add a tablespoon of desi ghee and apply this to the face everyday. Wash it off once dried. Avoid ingesting oily or spicy foods, meat, or alcohol. Avoid smoking.
Eczema: When suffering from eczema, the affected skin turns red, develop small boils becomes extremely thick. It is usually dry, but sometimes contains pus. To treat eczema one of the following methods can be used:
- Take 500 grams of til oil and boil 125 grams of kaner bark for 20 minutes. Let it cool and apply it onto the affected area 3 to 4 times daily.
- Take harhar powder and mix it into vinegar. Apply to the affected area and leave on for one hour. Wash off and apply basil juice.
- Take 100 ml coconut oil and mix 20 grams of camphor. Massage the mixture onto the affected area and wash off after 3 hours. Make a paste of tamarind seed and lemon juice to apply to the area.
- Mix 10 grams of camphor with 10 grams of gandhak in 125 ml kerosene oil, and apply twice daily.
- Take a bath in dettol water, use only neem-based soap.
- Boil pipal tree bark in water and drink it for a month.
All of the above are home remedies have no side effects that are proven to show results after continuous and prolonged application.