Usually when the kids ask for ice balls, or cold drinks parents hesitate. Ice is considered bad because it can cause a sore throat, cold, cough or flu. However, you may be surprised to know that ice can be used to cure many health problems and used in many home remedies.
People who live in hilly areas believe that ice of the first snowfall in their region can cure many diseases. They believe that consuming this ice can protect them from health problem throughout the year. They preserve the melted ice water in bottles and sip whenever they are sick.
In plain areas, people also collect these ice from snowfall and apply it whenever they get burnt.
Today’s medical experts also use ice to treat patients. For example, rubbing ice when you get hurt, works wonders because it gives you an instant relief from pain and arrest bleeding.
Here are some Home Remedies using ice:
- If you get burnt, then applying ice on the affected area, which helps to relieve the burning sensation and restrict the formation of pus. Similarly, if a honeybee bites you then apply ice on the area.
- During the summer, if you get a heat stroke then rub ice on your palms and under feet area then slowly you will feel better. After about 20 minutes, wash your face, hands, and legs with ice mixed water.
- Many people get runny blood from their nose in the summer due to exposure of excessive heat. In this case, close the nostrils with fingers and wrap the entire face with ice-dipped towel.
- If you feel pain and cramps after getting hurt then apply ice cubes wrapped in a handkerchief. This will numb the area and you do not feel pain and then again after some time it normalizes. If the pain is an old one then follow the process for a week or so to get the result. People who get rashes or are prone to developing pimples and boils can massage their face with ice cubes. This will sooth the skin and control excretion of excess oil.
- Sometimes due to excessive walking, we feel pain in our ankles. Rubbing ice over it can gives an instant relief.