Having bad breath is a common problem. Many think that it is due to not brushing teeth properly or not flossing properly. Yes, it can be due to improper brushing but that is not the only reason.
Cleaning teeth is important and cleaning it twice daily is required. Moreover, people having a bad breath problem should visit the dentist for regular dental cleaning procedure. Bad breath can be due to infection of mouth, throat, teeth, stomach upset, indigestion and worms in stomach. If the problem persists over a period of time then it is recommended to visit a doctor and have medicines as prescribed.
There are some home remedies for bad breath that can keep this problem away:
- Take a glass of water and squeeze a lemon. Use this water as mouthwash after brushing your teeth everyday for 2 weeks.
- If you have any gum problems that can also cause bad breath. In that caseIf bad chew a piece of raw turmeric or chew 3-4 basil leaves after having food.
- When bad breath is due to swelling and infection of gums take a cup of lukewarm water and add a tablespoon of ginger juice and a pinch of salt. Then take a sip , keep the water for some time in mouth and then drink it. Follow this everyday for a week. It will cure the infection and the bad breath.
- If you have Pieria in teeth then first consult a doctor and have prescribed medicines. Apart from this to avoid bad breath due to Pieria mix salt and fitkary ( Alum or potassium aluminium sulphate) and rub your teeth with your finger after having food.
- Chew one clove after having food. It subsides bad breath and also helps in strengthening of teeth.
- Chewing a tablespoon of fennel seeds after food also helps to remove bad breath and improves digestion.
- During summer boil some mint leaves in a cup of water and then gargle. Alternatively you can gargle by boiling fenugreek leaves also.
- Brushing with Neem datum ( Azadirachta indica stick/ Indian Lilac) everyday also help to decrease bad breath and strengthening of teeth.
- Eating a tomato after brushing your teeth also reduces bad breath.
There are also many food items that trigger bad breath, try and avoid such food items when you are eating out socially. Some foods to avoid are:
- Garlic and Onions (I know its difficult to stay away from onions but try not to eat too much of these garlicky, oniony foods when out)
Avoid these foods and try our home remedies for quicker results.