In today’s competitive world one has to be on their toes all the time to meet all their deadlines. Sometimes people do not get enough sleep or enough time to just sit & relax .This extreme mental exhaustion accompanied by lack of sleep can make us sick. It is a fact that if we do not sleep properly and do not get at least 6 hours of sleep, then our body gets tired & we feel lethargic. This fact applies to home makers too. In south east Asian countries such as India, Bangladesh and Pakistan around 60% women population are homemakers or engaged in some part time
work from home. We find many article on women health, which advise on how to stay fit while working in the office or articles that speak about how to strike an emotional balance between work and home. But what about women who spend most of their time doing daily chores and rearing children? Their work hardly get any appreciation, and their boredom is never discussed. Here are a few tips to tackle tiredness and boredom for home makers.
- If you are feeling tired then stop working , switch off your mobile. Go to bed and lie down. Keep your eyes shut and stop thinking. Be in this position for 15-20 minutes or so until you feel better. If you start feeling sleepy then go to sleep.
- If you are tired of your household chores then stop doing that and engage yourself with your children. Play some indoor games with them. This will not only refresh you but also will bring a strong bonding.
- Take out some time for your hobby.If your like reading books then buy some books and read it. Some women like gardening. If you have a small patch of land within your house then nothing like it. Now a days many hybrid plants can be planted indoor also. They will not only bring life to your home but will engage you also.
- Music is one of the easiest way to refresh yourself. You can listen to your favourite songs on your mobile or Ipad or even watch them on TV.
- Taking a shower sometimes helps. Particularly in a hot and humid climate taking a shower will refresh you. During the winter you can take a shower with warm water or a steam bath that will make you feel relaxed. There are a lot of companies that sell aromatic shower gels. Using these can be a very relaxing.
- Some people like to be alone when they feel very tired. If you stay near the sea (or any water body) then go there and spend some time. Alternatively go to your terrace or in the balcony and spend some time doing nothing.
- Enjoy rain. When you feel low. Go drench yourself in the rain like a child and you will feel a new energy in yourself.
- If you are missing somebody then do not hesitate to talk. Pick up the phone and talk to family and friends.
- Finally don’t be ashamed of going for window shopping or shopping for small its & bits for home, if that will make you feel good. It is a great way to familiarize yourself with new stuff in the market.
The main reason why home makers feel tired and restless is the monotony of their job. Break this monotony and do things that you wanted to do.