Many shampoo brands today claim that their products lead to ‘zero hairfall ‘ and since hairfall is a universal problem and is concerned with our physical beauty we often find ourselves jumping from one to the other brand.
Hair falling is a natural process but hair falling need not result in baldness. Most people will not believe that on an average we lose about 25-100 hairs everyday and it is normal. Hair once fall new hair comes in that place and thus we do not notice it….. But in certain cases the scalp cells die or are unable to grow new hair and then we get bald. Hair fall and Baldness can be due to many reasons. Sometimes it is due to any wound scar, leukemia, eczema, diabetes , Cancer or any other disease. These are treated only by medical practitioners.
However sometimes baldness is due to our lifestyle habits and this can be controlled . Deficiency of certain elements like iodine, iron, vitamin B complex, vitamin A in our body may lead to hair falling. For this it is advised to consume sprouted wheat, bengalgram, cottage cheese, spinach, pigweed, pea, tomatoes on daily basis.
Externally we need to take care of our hair like our body. There are following things that we must do.
1. Keep your hair and scalp clean. It means shampoo your hair with a suitable shampoo every alternate day.
2. You can oil your hair but do not leave oil for days……wash it off after an hour.
3. Use a wide tooth comb and never comb rigorously.
4. Using natural product like henna, shikakai and ritha mixed in equal quantities for hair pack works wonder and reduced all hair problems.
5. For thick and long hair mix black sesame and bhringraj and eat a tablespoon of this powder every morning
There are also some home remedies to treat baldness but these require patience and daily usage.
1. Apply a paste of Amarbael on the baldness affected area for about a month.
2. For getting new hair on bald area make a paste of mustard leaves and apply
3. Applying juice of raw onion or raw ginger on the affected area daily also helps.
4. For thick hair apply castor oil on scalp every night for about two months.
5. Applying a mix of coconut oil and Dhatura powder for 15 days before going for bath also helps.
6. Make a paste of Babool leaves and apply for 6 months before going for bath will reduce baldness.
Home remedies do not have any side effects ….. so these can be tried without hesitation.