Ginger is one spice which is used all over the world. Taste of ginger can be described as hot and fragrant. A little ginger in your tea completely changes the flavor of your tea .But did you know that apart from its culinary uses, ginger can also be used to cure many health related problems? Ginger has been used as a medicine in China and India since ancient times. Some of the health dilemmas that can be treated using ginger are:
- Diarrhoea – Diarrhoea is a common disease and small children are usually prone to it. Ginger has zinc. Chewing a small piece of ginger can help quick recovery.
- High blood sugar – People having high blood sugar can drink ginger tea without sugar every morning. This will help control the level of sugar in their blood.
- Acidity and indigestion – Ginger has acidity regulating properties. People who frequently have acidity problem, indigestion or feel nausea should either have a tablespoon of ginger juice daily or should include ginger in their cooking.
- Headache – Chewing ginger regularly reduces frequency of headaches. This is the reason many people add ginger in their tea(especially in Asia).
- Common cough & cold – Ginger has been used to treat common cough & cold, particularly in Southeast Asian countries. Chewing a piece of ginger relive sore throat problem. In India ginger , black pepper and basil leaves are crushed and boiled to make ‘Kara’ which is used to cure cough, cold, and fever.
Appart from curing many health problems , ginger also promotes Good blood circulation (ginger has zinc, chromium and magnesium which help in good blood circulation) and Controls cholesterol level in your blood (Regular consumption of ginger can control the amount of bad cholesterol in your body ,thereby reducing the chances of heart attacks).