Basil leaves have been used for culinary and medicinal purposes since ages. For example basil flavored tea is quite common in south east Asian countries.
There are verities of basil found across the world. In India we find Black and green basil. Basil is considered holy in Hindu religion. In Indian Ayurveda basil has been termed as miracle plant and it has been used as medicine for treating many disease. Some of the major medicinal usages of basil are as below:
- Planting basil in home keeps the insects like snake, Scorpio, housefly and mosquitoes away.
- Applying the basil root soil can cure many skin disease.
- Eating 4-5 basil leaves everyday purifies blood.
- In case of rashes, eczema applying basil paste mixed with lemon juice helps.
- In case of stomach ache take a spoon of basil leaves juice and ginger juice in equal proportion, warm it slightly and have it with lukewarm water.
- In case of indigestion chew some basil leaves along with rocksalt.
- To remove facial tan and marks apply basil paste with lemon juice.
- In case of lice, apply basil paste mixed with lemon juice on hair daily.
- Having basil juice with honey help in throat pain.
- In case of severe cough boil some basil leaves along with ginger . let it cool and then mix two spoon honey. Drink this water after an hour’s interval.
- In case of malaria chew some basil leaves, it help to remove the germs from body.