Headache is a common health problem. Usually people associate headache with problem in their eyesight, sinus or tiredness. In recent times your busy life, lack of sleep, stress at work, and imbalance between rest and work have made headache a regular health complaint. Tension leads to contraction in your shoulder, neck and other muscles around your head leading to headache.
High blood pressure can also lead to headaches. Other reasons that can cause your headache could be migraine, common cold, fever, lack of sleep, not eating food on time, having excessive amounts of tea, coffee and alcohol or smoking. Presence of a tumour is another reason that can be the cause for your headache.
It is very important to treat your headache. Many people simply pop a pill(pain killers) to treat their headaches. Painkillers can only help by subsiding the pain temporarily, moreover our body develops immunity against painkillers after constant use. The root cause of your frequent headache is still not being attended to.Some people treat headaches by applying balm or medicated oils. These are less harmful than painkillers but again they provide temporarily relief.
Some of the reasons for regular headache are attributed to poor lifestyle. You can try some of these to avoid regular headaches (we recommend that you visit your doctor for a regular checkup if you are having regular headaches in spite of taking these steps):
- It is important to avoid tension and overcome your stress. Going for a morning walk or engaging in a hobby can relieve headache.
- Regular eye checkup (every 6 months) is recommended for people complaining of frequent headaches. People wearing spectacles should go for regular checkups as any change in their optical power can lead to headache.
- Eating food on time and eating a balanced diet is important to avoid headache. Many people have acidity problem due to poor lifestyle choices, acidity leads to headache. Such people should avoid milk and milk products such as cheese, chocolates and icecream.
- Avoid having excessive amounts of tea, coffee and alcohol.Avoid cigarette. Many people tend to have these more when they are having headache.Rather than curing your headache theses product make us dependent on them. Often abstinence from these products can also be a cause for your headache.
- Meditation , Yoga and Reiki can provide alternatives to medicines and these are not harmful so one can always try them out.