Rani was waiting for the arrival of winter season in Calcutta. …..she was upset as she could not wear her red fur coat which she bought after seeing Katrina flaunting one in ‘jab tak hai Jaan’…. But winter arrived only in the mid week of December and guess what……she was sick. She got severe cold and cough and could not get out of her house in Christmas……. Poor Rani. Winter is loved by people as they can get fresh vegetables. Can remain sweat free….and of course flaunt their winter garments.However winter and particularly the changing whether in winter affect human body and thus we see arise in viral fever and cough and cold.
Few parts of our body like nose, ears, throat, hand and legs are more sensitive to cold. So it is important to cover these in winter season…..it has been said that it is through nose and ears that we are more susceptible to get any viral or bacterial attack.
There are some important life style adaptations that we need to do in winter season
- There are some people who do not take bath in winter season. They are afraid that if they take bath they will catch cold …. but it is not true in fact if you don’t take bath then you are more susceptible to germ a
- It is important to do a hot oil message in winter it helps in blood circulation at the same time it will moisturize your skin. It is better if it can be done under sunrays.
- There are some people who do not go outside the house…but this will make them lethargic and they will not get fresh air. Similarly one should not keep all the doors and windows closed as it affects good ventilation system.
- Some people take very late dinner in winter. Never eat cold food in winter. Always eat hot just prepared food as it is bacteria free and it will also warm up your system inside.
- Heat or blowers tend to dry your skin so try to avoid them.
- Lips are most sensitive part of the body. Always carry your lip balm with you and apply it frequently. Remember it gets absorbed and washed out every time you wash your face or your mouth.
- Some people love to spend day time in sunlight…it is good but always use a good sunscreen with PF 15 before going under sun rays.