There are times when you might feel weak and tired after getting up in the morning. Or at times you feel drowsy with a tiredness feeling while travelling to work or back home. It happens with many people who live a hectic lifestyle.
In today’s busy life most of the time you feel tired and lethargic and after some days you tend to take it as normal. But actually feeling tired all the time is not normal and healthy. The thumb rule is that if you are constantly feel tiredness then you should consult a doctor and go for blood check up. Low blood pressure, lack of blood in the body, lack of nutrition, anemia are some of the common medical reasons for feeling tired and weak. Adequate medicine and balanced food can solve the problem but beyond theses there are some important lifestyle rules which can help.
- Every morning make a routine to exercise for just 15 minutes. This helps to stretch your body and thereby you will feel energetic whole day. Alternatively go for morning walk which will warms up your body and the fresh air will recharge you for the day.
- Eat a mix of carbohydrates and protein at breakfast like cornflakes/cereal with milk or whole meal bread, curd and chicken sandwiches.
- Always plan your day. Most of you start your day with a hazy idea of work to be done and at the end of the day when you realize that you have forgotten some work then you put unnecessary pressure on yourself which leads to you feeling tired.
- If you are a drinker or smoker then it is time you start reducing its consumption. While drinking alcohol makes you feel drowsy, smoking affects the capacity of body cells to absorb oxygen making you feel tired and drowsy in the mornings.
- Another major source of tiredness is being overweight. People who are obese/overweight feel difficulty in movement, so they get tired very easily when they do physical work.
- Inadequate sleep and oversleeping both can make you feel tired. Your body is just like any machine if you do not take rest, there will be more wear and tear and you will feel tired. Sleeping helps to re-energize your body. Whereas, Oversleeping makes one feel very lethargic. Just like any machine, if you leave your body idle it will eventually start to rust. You should sleep for at least 7-8 hours. Children and elderly need more sleep than young adults.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water as it helps to detoxify your body and you feel good the whole day. Moreover water helps to keep the body hydrated and thus you do not feel thirsty. Thirst brings in tiredness.
- Try to bring about changes in your routine life. Routine makes things boring, the monotonous feeling may at times lead to tiredness. Go for movies or dinner or invite friends at home. Try to take time out for yourself.
- Always eat a balanced diet whether eating at home or out. Avoid dieting. Dieting can decrease your glucose level and make you feel tired and lifeless. If you are overweight then avoid eating fat and include low calorie food in your daily diet.
Lastly, Practicing yoga and meditation can really help. Remember sometimes our body is fit but mentally we feel tired. To remove mental tiredness yoga and meditation can bring a positive result.