Eyes are a very important part of your body. People who have been bestowed with the ability to see, cannot imagine a life without eyesight.
Do you regularly take care of your eyes? These are some of the things you can do to keep your eyes healthy!
- Wash your eyes with fresh water 4-5 times daily.This will help in removing dirt and dust particles from your eyes that may cause irritation.
- If you are watching TV, working on computer or reading for long hours, then remember to give some rest to your eyes after every 30 minutes . Simply close your eyes with your palm and sit for 5 minutes.
- Lack of nutrition can affect your eyesight and cause dark circles. Eat a healthy and balanced diet. Eat food enriched with Vitamin-A such as spinach, carrot and papaya.
- To treat dark circles apply some almond or castor oil regularly until they disappear.
- Our eyes needs rest and it is important to sleep for at least 7-8 hours each day.
- If you wear contact lenses then remember to clean/replace them regularly. Soft contact lenses should be replaced after a year,and Monthy disposables ones should be changed every month. Many people have the habit of wearing contact lenses beyond the suggested period. This practice can cause irritation and infection in your eyes. Do not wear contact lenses for more than 8-10 hours at a stretch. Wear spectacles at home when you are not out for work or leisure.
- Never read anything while travelling in car, bus or train.
- Never read in dim light and the light should be from a source that is either on your sides or back (never from your front).
- Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays of the sun.Wear sunglasses with UV protection when stepping out.
- Wear goggles while swimming since pool water contains chlorine which is harmful for your eyes.
- Regular eye exercise can keep your eyes healthy
- Stand on your terrace or in your neighbourhood park and try to focus on an object as far as possible ,then close you eyes and open again,now focus on things that are near to you. Repeat this 5-10 times.
- Close your eyes and with help of your thumb, lightly massage the area around your eyes for 2 minutes. This will not only relax your eyes but will also make you feel fresh.