Eye care is as important as your skin or hair care.
Do you feel pain in your eyes after watching television or working on computer for a while? Or have irritation in eyes. Then its about time you start taking care of your eyes a little more.
Our eyes get tired after watching television and working on computers, sometimes lack of cleaning, exposure to dust and pollution, lack of sleep and mental tension also make our eyes tired. Tiredness of eyes lead to pain, discomfort and watering. There are many soothing eye drops available in the market which can help you but you may not have them handy at times .Here are a few important eye care tips:
- Sleep – The biological way to relax your eyes is to sleep and sleep adequately. Sleep helps to rejuvenate your body and your eyes. You need to sleep 7-8 hours daily to relax your eyes.
- Cold water – whenever you feel tiredness in your eyes wash your eyes with cold water for 10-15 times. Make sure your eyes remain closed and you use fresh and clean water. Alternatively put a piece of cloth in cold water and dab your eyes with this damp cloth.
- Blink – people who need to work on computer for long hours and students who need to study for 4-5 hours should blink their eyes after every 10 minutes. Although blinking eyes is a natural biological process but here I mean blinking consciously and after some times you will get used to it. Blinking is a process whereby your eyes get relaxed.
- Cover eyes with your palm – Although sleeping helps you to relax your eyes in the night but during the daytime you should cover your eyes with your palm and sit in a relaxed position for at least 10 minutes. Keep your eyes closed till you start visualizing everything black. Practice this whenever you feel tired. People who work on computers or do minute work should practice this more frequently.
- Sunlight – It is a fact that direct sunlight is bad for your eyes as the ultraviolet rays affect eyesight and can expedite cataract but little exposure to sunlight is good specially looking in direct sunlight at sunrise when the rays are dim. Close your eyes and stand facing the sun and then turn your head from one side to the other. This way you will get exposed to sun light without harming your eyes. Practice this for 5-10 minutes everyday. Never practice this in the afternoon.
- Moving your eyes – stand straight keeping a distance of 12 inch between your feet. Keep your hands in relaxed position then slowly move the upper part of your body towards left and then towards your right like a pendulum. Do this for 5-10 minutes. Keep your eyes closed while standing and open while moving.
- Thumb massage – This is the easiest way to relax your eyes. Close your eyes and by using thumb finger message around your eyes. Do this for 3-4 times you will feel instant relief.
Although it is a little difficult to practice all the above due to the hectic life schedules. but try and practice at least one of the above exercises regularly and fit it into your daily routine. Eye care is most neglected , so try and follow a good eye care routine for healthy and forever young eyes.