To get a healthy body one needs to take care of himself or herself. The natural rule of survival of the fittest is still the golden rule. If we are not fit we will not survive. However today’s lifestyle is very demanding .People don’t have time to cook at home. We rely on tasty and easily available junk foods which is increasing obesity, heart diseases, blood pressure and diabetes. What is alarming is that the young generation between 10-25 years are more prone to it.
There are some easy ways to control ourselves.
Food : keep a watch on your food intake.
- It is better to eat small quantities a in frequent gaps rather than eating a wholesome meal twice a day.
- Use fatfree milk products.
- Use honey as natural sweetner instead of sugar.
- Have sugar free juice.
- Eat bitter gourd, fenugreek, ginger, onion, soyabean in your daily food items.
- Have water instead of softdrinks.
Medicines and therapies :
- Take your medicine on time and in right quantity.
- Visit your doctor on regular interval to keep a watch on blood sugar level.
- One can invest in good blood sugar measuring machine for this.
Physical activities :
Daily exercise will not only burn the excess calories but also will keep your muscles active and blood circulation in control. Physical activities and exercise ensure that blood sugar doesnot accumulates in the form of fat but rather it is transformed into energy.
Last but not the least never feel deprived. It has been observed that due to some food restriction diabetic patients often feel deprived, for example they want to have sweets or chocolates but their family members & caretakers do not let them have it (on the advise of their doctors). It is important for them to understand that it is done for their own good. Once their sugar level is controlled they can indulge in sweets & Chocolates in moderation