It is always said that tea and coffee should be avoided to promote better health due to their caffeine content, but recent studies have shown that a cup of tea can solve many health problems. These studies indicate that sipping 3 to 4 cups of tea a day does not harm our health, but provides us with many benefits.
- Tea Can Prevent Cancer – In a recent study, it was proven that women who drink 2 to 3 cups a day have less chances of contracting ovarian cancer.
- It Contains Less Caffeine Than Coffee – While coffee is the preferred drink for many people, because if its taste and ability to instantly boost energy levels and mood, coffee contains more caffeine than tea, thus increasing the risk of heart attack. Coffee has 135 mg of caffeine, while tea has 30 to 40 mg, thus it is better to have tea than coffee to boost your mood.
- It is good for Heart Problems – In a recent study conducted over a sample of roughly 200 heart patients over a period of 4 years, it was found that heart patients who used to drink 2 to 3 cups of tea daily have lower cholesterol levels than those who do not. The caffeine found in tea is only harmful if consumed in greater quantities. In the study, it was further said that green tea, when mixed with basil leaves is prepared and consumed to keep cholesterol levels normal. According to Professor Kaul of the PHI Chandigarh experimental medicine department, the human body has many genes to control cholesterol levels, and green tea and basil leaves control these genes in turn.
- It Makes Bones Stronger – In a study conducted over a period of 10 years, it was found that people who drink tea with milk have more bone density than people who do not drink it with milk.
- It is Good for Teeth – It contains fluoride and tenin, which when consumed without sugar makes teeth stronger and whiter.
- It is Good for Digestion – People who drink 4 to 5 cups of tea a day have less chances of contracting stomach related problems or constipation.
- It Boosts Metabolism – If you are overweight and are tired of following weight loss methods, then start drinking 2 to 3 cups of tea a day. Within a few days, you will begin to see a result. Green tea is the best, but even black tea can help boost metabolism.
- It Helps Avoid Dehydration – For people who do not drink enough water, having 2 to 3 cups of tea a day can be beneficial. Tea is made with water, so if you don’t like drinking straight water but enjoy tea, you will at least meet the body’s requirement of water and not feel lethargic.
- It does Not Contain Calories – Tea has zero calories, it is milk and sugar that it gets its calorie. So people who want to be slim and consume fewer calories can drink 2 to 3 cups of tea whenever they feel hungry.
- Tea Helps to Stimulate Our Immune Systems – Tea contains antioxidants, which help us fight against viral and bacterial diseases like the cold, stomach infection, and viral fevers. Green tea contains more antioxidants and flavonoids and helps create better immunity,
Tea has many benefits, but you should follow the below:
- Do not drink more than 3 cups in a single day.
- Avoid giving tea to children, as it is addictive.
- Do not drink it very as it affects the teeth and food canal.