I met my cousin Aparna last weekend at a marriage ceremony and I could not trust my eyes……… she was looking pale and sick. I asked her what happened to her then she kept quite. Her mother told me that she wanted to be slim and thus she enrolled herself in slimmingp point. They advised some supplement tablets and exercise sessions and after 4 days only she felt sick. We took her to our doctor and he said that she has got some allergic reactions and thus need to be on bedrest……
Girls are specially conscious of their beauty today and obesity is a hindrance. Obesity not only affect the beauty but hinders the performance of our daily routine and leads to various other health problems like heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis.
Our food habit is the major cause of obesity. We like to eat fried, spicy food and today we easily get packaged food like 2 mintue noodles and fast food like pasta, pizza and burger outside home. Adults too find it convenient rather to cook at home.
Lack of physical activities also contributes to obesity. Due to scientific innovations we need not not do dusting, brimming and sweeping any more instead we use dry cleaners to clean our home. The children too are more engaged in video games the playing real life football or cricket.
Exercising is another way to burn calories if we are not doing any physical activity….But people are reluctant to exercise and the excess of food get transformed into fat.
Parent also contribute to obesity to their children. Parents attitude of’ forced eating’ and’ letting children eat whatever they want ‘ also contribute to children obesity which is difficult to control once they grow up.
Ways to control –
1. Willfully avoid fast food and fried foods.
2. Eat in small quantities and after short intervals.
3. Drink water as much as you can.
4. Try to engage in home cleaning an doing other domestic chores.
5. Try to keep fast one day in a week.
6. Try to avoid too much sugar and salt.
7. Eat more vegetables and fruits whenever you feel hungry.
8. Yoga can help. Try practicing yoga.
9. Do not sleep in the afternoon.
10. Eat two tablespoon of honey mixed with a glass of water early morning in empty stomach .
Try it out…..