My grandmother is 86 now, she has long black hair and soft bright skin. She says, it is due to having a tender coconut water every day. She insists me to have it too but I do not like the plain taste of raw coconut water…..but if it has thin crust of coconut, I enjoy it.
Usually we drink coconut water to quench our thirst in summers and take it as an alternative to packaged soft drinks, but do you know coconut water benefits are plenty? Tender coconut has a cooling effect on our body and therefore, it is good for people of all age group. According to Indian Ayurveda, human body is alkaline, whereas the food which we eat is mostly acidic. To neutralize and balance the acid from our food, the easiest way is to drink coconut water. Coconut water can be used as a natural treatment to many health problems.
Listed below are some of the health problems, wherein regular intake of coconut water can be useful.
- If you have kidney diseases, vomiting tendency, diarrhea, ulcer, acidity, gastric , start siping on tender coconut water every day. Within two months, you will see much improvement.
- Coconut water works wonders in bladder related health problems. For example If you have irritation and pain while urinating then take a glass of tender coconut water. Mix 1 tablespoon of dry coriander powder and jaggery and have it daily for 3-4 days.
- To treat stomach ache, bleeding in urine or in stool include fresh coconut water in your daily diet
- If you have sleeping disorder, then have a tender coconut water after your dinner every night and monitor if you are able to go to bed quicker
- Women, who have irregular menstrual cycle and feel extreme pain can have tender coconut and its water during the periods.
- If you have a sick person at home or anybody suffering from dehydration or diarrhea and they do not want to have glucose or ORS then you can give coconut water.
- If anyone in your family is suffering or has just come out of jaundice, daily intake of tender coconut water for regularly two months help to make the liver stronger.
- Tender coconut water is an excellent mood refresher and it also help to low tiredness.
- Expecting mothers should be given tender coconut and water. It help to keep their digestion proper, maintain the water level in the body and provides essential fat.
- Tender coconut water can be given to young babies after age of six months to avoid acidity and constipation problem.
- Coconut water is used for beauty enhancement . It works wonders to treat dark patches on face . Take a tablespoon of tender coconut water, add few drops of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply on your face. Keep it to dry and then wash off with normal water. Regular application will fade away the marks.
At the end, just a quick note: Try to drink tender coconut water without any coconut, it is more beneficial. If you wish to add to the above list of coconut water benefits, please write to us at email@example.com.