A friend of mine was obese and overweight. She was super addicted to sugary foods which led to ger obesity. She was so fat that she couldn’t easily get up or walk a distance without support.
I met her recently near a gym and I was shocked! She had lost over 30 kg and looked amazing. So beautiful. Her secret was her personal trainer… as she says was ‘god sent’
The recent craze among people to look good and get fitter has brought a boom in the fitness industry. We see fitness clubs and gyms in every nook and corner and those who can afford a to spend a bit more also choose to hire a personal trainer. The amount can range from anything in between 500 rupees a month to up to 6000 rupees. Now the question is how effective it is? How safe it is?
Today the need of trained, certified and professional fitness trainers are high, they are the ones who can guide you to weight loss. Hiring a certified personal trainer is definitely a good way to achieve weight loss and healthy lifestyle. Here are few points to look for before you choose your personal trainer –
- Be sure the trainer has a valid CPR/AED certification and must be certified with NCCA accredited programs like ACSM, ACE, NASM, NESTA or any other national or international certifying institute.
- IN your first meeting with the trainer try to gauge his communications skills. It is always necessary for your trainer to communicate easily. Trainer should have good communication skills, observing and motivating quality.
- Avoid hiring trainers that promote any steroid products. Trainers should never encourage you to take steroids.
- Be very vocal about the trainer maintaining his/ her personal hygiene.
- A personal trainer must be networked with medical professionals in case of special conditions like sports, injuries, diabetes, arthritis, HTN etc.
- Must assess and document your fitness program frequently as need arise.