Our eyes are a window to the world, without our eyes we cannot see and perform our work with perfection. However when we talk about taking care of our eyes, most people take their eyes for granted or may be plain lazy. Here are some general tips to pamper our eyes.
Our eyes show our personality.
- Wash your eyes everyday with fresh water 4-5 times. It helps in removing dirt and dust particles.
- Do not put too much strain on your eyes. Blink your eyes while watching TV or working not computer.
- Lack of nutrition affect eyesight and bring dark circles. Eat healthy food and message your eyes with almond or castor oil.
- Give rest to your eyes. The best way is to sleep for at least 6 hours.
- If you wear spectacles or lenses then check your eyesight every year. Change in power may affect your vision.
- If you use contact lenses then clean them properly as they can cause infection. Use contact lenses as per their recommended usage, like use disposable contact lenses only for a year, similarly use soft contact lenses only for one and half year.
- Never read anything while travelling in bus or car.
- Always read in the presence of sufficient light. Inadequate light put pressure on eyesight. The light should be coming from back or sideways never from the front.
- Save your eyes from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. use anti glare sunglasses while stepping out.
- While swimming wear goggles as chlorine in the water can affect eyesight.
Some Ayurveda remedies for good eyesight –
- Pour some drops of rose water in eyes before sleep, it will rejuvenate your eyes.
- Mix triphala powder into cow ghee and pour one drop in both eyes before sleep, it helps in better eyesight.
- Mix triphala powder, cow ghee, honey and palm candy in equal quantity and make small tablets. Take one tablet daily half an hour before sleep.
- Put 1 tablespoon of tripahla powder in a glass of water and keep it overnight. Wash your eyes in the morning with this water.
- Take a brass vessel and fill it with water. Keep the vessel in between basil tree and leave it till sunset. Wash your eyes with this water in the evening.