Yesterday while travelling in a bus I saw a young girl with beautiful eyes and wondered that if I had those bright beautiful eyes. Eyesight is the biggest gift from nature bestowed to human beings. Without eyesight we cannot enjoy the beauty of the nature.
when I am talking about beautiful eye I do not mean good eyesight as good eye sight depends upon heredity , nutrition and other factors. Beautiful eye in layman’s term means the white portion of the eye should not be yellowish, there should not be black patches or blood clots or the eyes should not look tired or it should not have infections like conjunctivitis and also it should be devoid of dark circles……This is possible by taking simple care for our eyes. There are very easy simple steps which we can follow.
1. Always keep your eyes clean and every morning wash your eyes with water.
2. Protect your eyes from dust, pollution and sunrays. Use a good spectacle or sunshade.
3. Vitamin A is good for eyesight and deficiency of Vitamin A leads to night blindedness. Natural source of getting vitamin A are carrots, milk, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables.
4. Triphala water is known for its good effect on eyesight. For this put two tablespoon of triphala powder in a glass of water and keep it over night . In the morning wash your eyes with this water.
5. Proper sleep is must. Every person should sleep for atleast 7-8 hours in a day.
6. Try to maintain a distance from computer screen. Use a protector and also blink your eyes after some time. Same goes for people who continuously watch television.
7. Continuous minute work also affects the eye sight and thus people who are in embroidery industry or in tailoring should take a break after every 30 mintues. For this they can simply closed their eyes with your palm and remain in this position for 5 mintues.
8. Messaging your eyes with your pointer finger in rotational movement also help in relaxing the eye.
9. For tired looking eyes or puffed eyes use rose water to dap your eyes or simply put a slice of potatoes to cucumber for soothing effect.
10. If you wear glasses , go for regular checkup.
11. The best exercise for your eyes is that you look at the rising sun for 5 second and repeat this every evening by looking at the rising moon.