My grandma used to grumble as soon as the winter season used to start…… I was 8 year old then and used to feel terrible when she used to cough the whole night. My father used to switch on the electric heater to keep her warm.
We all enjoy winter season but some people having joint pains and respiratory problems like Asthama gets more trouble. This happens due to contraction of nasopharynx or the respiration tunnel and congestion due to cough and cold. Added to this is the fact that due to heavy dew the polluting air particals remains at the surface of the air and this work as allergen ( substance which causes allergy) which exaggerate the respiration problem.
Although asthma is considered as hereditary and also contagious but changing lifestyle contributes a lot in Asthama. People are spending more and more time inside their home or office they are not getting fresh air. Children too are more interested in playing video games rather than outdoor games. This is not only making them lethargic but they become more prone to infection once they go out of their home as their immunity is built accordingly.
Respiratory problems becomes more common in changing whether. Change in whether have contradictory effects on human body.
Respiratory problems usually starts with viral fever. If a person has very frequent fever and cold then this is s indication of allergy. This later on take a shape of Asthma.
What to do if you have asthma patient at home.
- Protect yourself from dust. Thus for this reason it is important to keep our environment outside and inside clean.
- Use clean bed sheet and pillow covers.
- Wear enough cloths to cover yourself.
- If you have pet animals then keep them clean
- For children, wash their toys weekly as far as possible.
- Let children play outside in the morning and evening.
- Never sit under air conditioner or fan.
What not to do?
- If you have pet animals, please do not let them come close to asthma patients ,come inside your bedroom or touch your children. Many pet animals especially dogs have tendency to shed hair and this contribute a lot to asthma attack.
- If you have people with respiratory problems then do not smoke in front of them they can get an attack.
- Dust particles have maximum effect in the afternoon and which is aggravated by pollution so try to be inside home or office in the afternoon.
- Try to be tension free and enjoy your life.
- Last but not least do consult your doctor for precautions and emergency medicine.