Honey is used primarily as a flavoring and a sweetening agent. In many South East Asian countries like India and China, honey is used in many home remedies to cure the common cold and a cough.
For beauty treatment purposes, honey has been used as a skin softener. It has a cooling affect on skin and it keeps our skin moist and hydrated. The most easiest solution for oily skin is to take: two tablespoon of honey, one tablespoon of white vinegar, and for dry skin you should take one tablespoon of almond oil and two tablespoon of honey. Massage your face for ten minutes and wash it off with cold water. Repeat this everyday and it will keep your skin supple, clear and moist. Honey can also is used in various facial scrubs. Preparing facial scrubs using grains and lentils is common, but adding honey makes it more effective because it helps in removing dead cells .
Here are some ways in which honey can be used along with other ingredients for Beauty Treatment :
- A soft pasty honey scrub – Take a tablespoon of bajara flour, one tablespoon of green pea powder, one tablespoon of honey, few drops of rose water, and make a smooth paste. Massage your face with this paste gently and then wash it off after two minutes.
- Dry skin facial scrub – Some people have very dry skin and sometimes due to excessive sweating your skin becomes dry. Take one tablespoon of rose water, one-half of a tablespoon of white vinegar and one tablespoon of honey. Mix it well and apply it on your entire body just before going showering. Keep it on for five minutes and then shower. When you shower, use a very mild soap.
- Fruit and honey face pack- Fruits help in de-tanning the skin and moisturizing it. If you have dry skin then take a piece of ripe papaya or banana and add few drops of honey. Mash it together and apply to your skin. Keep it on for two to three minutes and then wash it off with cold water. For oily skin take: some orange or lemon juice and add few drops of honey. Massage your face everyday. This is one of the best beauty treatments as it will regulate excess oil and at the same time clean your pores. If you have mixed skin or have an oily T zone then take tomato juice, add few drops of honey, and massage it on your skin everyday. This will keep your skin fresh and clean.
- Cream face pack for glowing skin – honey helps in cleansing the skin as well as bringing back the glow. Try to use a cream face pack once in a week. Take five tablespoons of honey, one-tablespoon of butter, one egg yolk, and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it all together and apply it on your face. Keep it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Honey scrub – to keep your skin supple and soft use this honey scrub twice a week . Take one-half of a cup besan ( gram flour), three tablespoons of honey, one tablespoon of milk cream, four tablespoons of raw milk and few drops of lemon juice. Apply this scrub on the entire body before going for bath. Keep it on for 15 minutes and rinse it with normal water.
- Honey conditioner to create beautiful hair. Honey is a natural conditioner, which is four tablespoon of olive oil and add two tablespoon of honey. Gently massage the scalp and the ends with this mixture for five minutes. Leave it on for an hour and then shampoo. Your hair will become non-frizzy and shiny.
Try these awesome Honey Treatments for a perfect fuller skin