Everyday we clean our teeth with the same toothbrush, but how many of you have ever thought about keeping the toothbrush clean? Brushing your teeth is the first hygiene activity that anyone does in the morning and if our toothbrush is not hygienic, it can create health problems.
- Every member of your family should have separate toothbrushes. To avoid any confusion, it is better the buy different color toothbrushes.
- Never keep your toothbrush in the open. After using the brush, always dry them and put the bristle cap on
- Once the bristles become loose, change your toothbrush because it will not be able to clean your teeth properly.
- Change your toothbrush every two months.
- Never keep all the toothbrush of the family members together. Maintain a distance of at least five centimeters between brushes and put the bristle cap on. If anyone is sick in your house, then keep his/her toothbrush separately as it can spread infection.
- Never dry your toothbrush in sunlight, as it makes the bristles hard.
- Sterilize your toothbrush once a week by dipping them in lukewarm-salted water and then dry it.
- Never chew your toothbrush. Children have a tendency to chew the bristle, while they brush. Avoid it as it distorts the shape of bristles and affect proper cleaning.
- Always wash your toothbrush with water before and after brushing your teeth.
- Always buy a soft or semisoft brush as a hard brush can hurt the teeth and gums.
- Whenever you buy a new brush, keep them in lukewarm water for an hour before using. This will sterilize the brush and make the bristles soft.
- Sometimes you may find white sediments below the toothbrush. This happens due to accumulation of toothpaste particles when we do not clean the brush after using it. Try to clean them by rubbing with fingers under water and if it does not get cleaned then change the brush.
- Brush your teeth after having dinner. First, rub your teeth with brush, rinse your mouth, apply toothpaste, and then brush your teeth.
Remember, A Clean Toothbrush Everyday, Keeps the Dentist Away. So keep your toothbrush Clean