All of us want to live longer…. Live a happy life, but live healthy. Old age brings many health problems because we fail to or ignore to take care of our health in our younger days. Living longer depends a lot on how much you take care of yourself and how early you start.
All that is required is to follow some lifestyle rules :
- Get up early– Going to bed early and getting up early makes you healthier, wealthier and wiser. This saying is very true. try hitting the bed by 10 pm and get up at around 5 – 5:30 am.
- Stretch – Stretch every morning as soon as out of bed. Also, drink a glass of water, which helps remove toxins from your body. It has been estimated that 60% of health problems are due to presence of toxins in your body.
- Workout – A workout helps make our bodies more flexible and strengthens blood circulation. Working out does not mean going to gym or club. A workout should be appropriate and according to your body requirement. It can be simple as a 15 minutes walk, few yoga steps or even pranayam.
- Eat a balanced diet – In order to be healthy, it is important to eat a balanced and healthy diet. Avoid all carb meals
- Go Vegan – Dietitians experts say we should eat vegetarian food. Vegetarian food lessens your chances of having cancer, heart problems, kidney problems and diabetes. Non-vegetarian food is not good for our body and soul.
- Eat Less – Furthermore, we should always eat a little less than our appetite. Regular intake of salads, lentils, green vegetables, milk and milk products, dalia, besan, sprouted lentils, soybean, and wheat keeps our digestive system strong.
- Three Meals is a must : Eat three times a day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Drinking eight to ten liters of water is also essential.
- SayNo to addiction – Avoid tobacco and alcohol as they do only harm.
- Sleep adequately – Sleeping is a must for good health. Our body is just like any machine, if we do not sleep, the rest of our life span will be shorter. You should sleep for about seven to eight hours everyday. If you do not sleep adequately, you will feel restless, drowsy, and a regular habit of irregular sleep will make you sick. Taking an afternoon nap is also essential, but if it is not possible due to work pressure then just close your eyes and try to relax for five to six minutes. This will re-energize you and will have an positive effect on your life span.
- Think positive – This is the most important aspect of a good healthy life. Negative thoughts about self and perception of life brings negativity, sorrow, jealousy, and anger and all of these feelings have a negative impact on our health.