Cancer fighting foods and amazing super foods
Cancer is curable and the earlier the detection, the better the chance of recovery. Just like other lifestyle diseases, recovery and protection from cancer depends a lot on our diet and lifestyle.
Studies show that people who eat more fruits and vegetables are at a lower risk of contracting cancer. Antioxidants like Vitamin C, lycopene, beta-carotene, and a variety of chemicals from plants (known as phytochemicals) have been found to have positive effect on protecting human cells from cancer-causing elements. Here is a list of 10 Cancer Fighting foods that can prevent cancer:
- Beans – Beans are good source of fiber and protein, which protect healthy cells from being affected by cancer cells. Lima beans, in particular, are highly beneficial in blocking the growth of tumor cells. Regular intake of lima beans, French beans, and soybeans can also help in recovery. Soybeans contain folic acid, which helps to halt the growth of cancer cells.
- Walnuts – Walnuts have fiber, Vitamin B, magnesium, and antioxidants that help to block the growth of cancer cells. Regular intake of walnuts has been found to be beneficial in certain cases of breast cancer.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes have a good amount of vitamins and minerals. Regular intake of tomatoes in salad can prevent stomach cancer. According to certain studies, tomatoes have high lycopene content, which is beneficial to control all types of cancer.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is an excellent source of flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals. According to specific cancer research, vegetables from the brassica species are helpful in preventing cancer, provided they contain glucosinolate, which have the natural ability to fight cancer. Broccoli has glucosinolate, which, once chewed, transforms into phytonutrient and helps control cancer. Avoid frying or microwaving broccoli, as it destroys this essential cancer-fighting nutrient. It is better to steam the vegetable or eat it raw in a salad.
- Pomegranates – Pomegranates contain Vitamin A, C, and E, along with folic acid and numerous antioxidants. People suffering from prostate or breast cancer, can benefit from drinking a bit of pomegranate juice daily. Pomegranate juice help to maintain the PSA level in blood and prevent the further multiplication of cancer cells.
- Garlic – Garlic has been found to be the most useful spice when it comes to preventing cancer. This is because garlic contains sulfur, which stimulates the natural immune system to fight against elements causing cancer. According to studies, people who include garlic in their daily diet have less of a chance of contracting cancer, as the spice negates the impact of cancer-producing elements and controls the formation of nitrates. According to a report published by the School of Internal Medicine, people who ingest five cloves of garlic per week have a 30-40% smaller chance of contracting cancer.
- Fish – According to specific studies conducted at East Anglia University, the regular intake of Vitamin C and celenium can reduce the chances of contracting cancer in the pancreas by 75%. An excellent source of celenium is fish.
- Green Tea – Green tea has more antioxidants than black tea. Antioxidants help in more absorption of oxygen and this, in turn, helps not only in the prevention of cancer, but can also prevent the further multiplication of cancer cells. People who have two to three cups of green tea per day have smaller chances of contracting cancer.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains a phytonutrient called scrumin, which helps to prevent cancer.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper is another good source of antioxidants, as the enzyme found in black pepper “peprin” is used in many anticancer drugs. Regular intake of black pepper can help prevent cancer